Criteria for Award:
The Chancellor’s Community Engagement Award recognizes and encourages exceptional community engagement in activities such as volunteerism, community-based learning or research, outreach or partnerships that advance the South Bend campus mission in the community. The nominee should work with at least one community partner external to the University, be operating within the surrounding community and show measurable results.
Your Community Engagement nominee should demonstrate at least three core competencies (collaboration, customer focus, ensures accountability, instills trust, values differences) through their project or work.
Eligibility for Nomination:
Any full time and part time hourly with retirement staff may be nominated for the award.
- Nomination Packet and Procedures:
- There will be an open call for nominations in the Daily Titan and on the IU South Bend Human Resources website.
- Selection Committee:
- Nominations will be reviewed and selected by the Chancellor’s Service Award Committee.
- Nominations open April 11
- Nominations are due by May 31, 2022
- Award winners will be announced at the 2022 employee event.