Criteria for Award:
The Chancellor’s Mentoring Others Award recognizes staff who embraces the principles of the growth mindset. Individuals who empower others to do their best work and who create a work environment where others can grow and develop in their positions. The individual is one who sees the potential for growth in others and who helps to facilitate their professional development. The individual works to provide a working environment that assumes people’s skills can be developed and provides guidance and resources to promote that skill development and growth.
Your Mentoring Others nominee should demonstrate at least three core competencies (collaboration, customer focus, ensures accountability, instills trust, values differences) through their project or work.
Eligibility for Nomination:
Any full time and part time hourly with retirement staff may be nominated for the award.
- Nomination Packet and Procedures:
- There will be an open call for nominations in the Daily Titan and on the IU South Bend Human Resources website.
- Selection Committee:
- Nominations will be reviewed and selected by the Chancellor’s Service Award Committee.
- Nominations open March 2
- Nominations are due by May 15
- Award winners will be announced at the 2020 Staff Appreciation Day.